Friday, August 28, 2009

College.

I've decided to keep a blog during my college years so that i can remember the best time of my life. (mostly just to keep my mom from calling every few minutes. ;) ) I'm super excited to be starting this time in my life. It feels like the rest of my life has just been prep time leading up to university. I can't wait!
Being the eager freshman that I am, I came down about a week early so I could be the first one to move into my new apt. allowing me to pick the room I wanted. I arrive before the doors open at check-in. I couldn't wait! (I had paid my first month's rent early so i could be in the express lane.) towards the beginning of the line they had a list of everyone and their room number so my mom went up and looked to see where I would be. It said 108B so my mom decided to go look around and see if she could find it. Coming back a few minutes later she said that there was no such thing as 108B. I didn't believe her so I decided to go look around too. It was nowhere to me seen. By this time I'm getting a little nervous. We get back in line to just wait and see what they tell us at the front. While waiting someone that worked there walked by so my mom asked where 108B was and they told us it had nothing to do with the room numbers it was just some coding system thing that they used. We finally get up to the front and I find out that I'm going to be in 101A. A little doubtful my mom asks again if this is the right room that I'm suppose to be in. They say yes. So I move in. I love all my roommates. They're all super nice and clean. Just what I wanted. After about 2 days of getting things I'll need and stuff. I come home from ikea to find another girl sitting in our apt. that tells me I no longer live there and that Raintree had made a mistake! (I was devastated! What was I going to do now! I didn't want to leave!) After about a whole evening of arguing and frustration, I finally give up and let the other girl stay there but I don't want to live in the apt. they originally had me assigned to. By the next day we had them convinced to give me all my money back and let me out of my contract. Which was all good but now I was homeless... They whole next day was spent driving around Provo trying to find a place that still had contracts to sell. It was soo frustrating. I had almost given up when we arrived at Branbury. They had 3 rooms left. We had knocked on the first 2 doors. No response. We knock on the last door. That was it! I had found the place. I moved in later that day. I love my new roommates. I think we will be the best of friends! A bit of a rocky start to my first year of college but I'm so glad I'm here!

3 comments:

  1. yeah!! your first post. i just read it to G & G Ehlert, and I'll send the link to G & G Lawrence and Dad. Do you really think this blog will stop me from calling ;), lol. jk, we do miss you though, but know you're having a great time which makes me HAPPY :) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Branbury Rocks anyway! You just wanted to follow in your dads footsteps. There is no way we can keep mom from calling. I am excited for you to go to your first football game and tell me all about it :)Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, I lived in Branbury too as a freshman...mind you I moved out at Christmas cuz I wanted something a little more social! Keep posting so we can see how you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete